Calling All Cosplay Enthusiasts...
Join the 2017 Japan Festival Cosplay Contest for a chance to win a round-trip ticket from Houston-Japan courtesy of All Nippon Airways (ANA), the official airline of Japan Festival.
See contest details below.
What is Cosplay?
Cosplay is short for costume play. Part costuming part performance art - Cosplay is the practice of portraying a fictional character from anime, manga, TV shows, movies, video games, or books.
SUN, MAY 7, 12:00-2:00 PM
- Pre-judging Slot 1: 12-12:30pm
- Pre-judging Slot 2: 12:30-1pm
- Pre-judging Slot 3: 1-1:30pm
- Pre-judging Slot 4: 1:30-2pm
SUN, MAY 7, 3:00 PM
Cosplay Competition LINE-UP
- Check Cosplay Booth for location
SUN, MAY 7, 3:10 PM
- Walk around the Reflection Pool to the Main Stage.
SUN, MAY 7, 3:30 PM
- Main Stage. Show time!
Register for the Cosplay Competition at the Japan Festival Cosplay Registration Booth from 11AM-6PM on Saturday, May 6, and from 11AM-2PM on Sunday, May 7.
If you intend to do a skit, please register online.
All registered competitive participants will receive an entry number and prejudging time slot.
- Must enter as a "Walk-On" (judged and eligible to receive prized) or as "Non-Competitive" (NOT judged and no eligible for prizes).
- Each entrant will have a maximum of 30 seconds for walk-on. Skits will have 2 minutes.
- All stunts (such as fighting, jumping, etc.) must be declared at time of registration. Stunts must be performed at 3/4th speed, i.e, in slow motion
- Group entrees are limited to seven (7) people
- Reference materials, such as in-progress photos, are highly encouraged and should be presented during Pre-Judging.
- All entries must maintain a PG rating. No nudity, foul language, inappropriate themes, etc. allowed. If you have doubts or questions, please contact DugFinn.
- If something goes ON STAGE with you, make sure it goes OFF STAGE with you.
- At least 75% of your costume must be constructed or heavily modified by the competitor in order to be eligible for an award. Everything else, including store-bought outfits, may enter under the Non-Competitive division.
- Models may be used, but the award may only go the costume creator who must be present during the pre-judging.
- Audio is provided.