Calling All Cosplay Enthusiasts...
Join the 2017 Japan Festival Cosplay Contest for a chance to win a round-trip ticket from Houston-Japan courtesy of All Nippon Airways (ANA), the official airline of Japan Festival.
Contest details will be revealed soon.
What is Cosplay?
Cosplay is short for costume play. Part costuming part performance art - Cosplay is the practice of portraying a fictional character from anime, manga, TV shows, movies, video games, or books.
- Must enter as a "Walk-On" (judged and eligible to receive prized) or as "Non-Competitive" (NOT judged and no eligible for prizes).
- All stunts (such as fighting, jumping, etc.) must be performed at 3/4th speed, i.e, in slow motion
- Group entrees are limited to seven (7) people
- Reference materials, such as in-progress photos, are highly encouraged and should be presented during Pre-Judging.
- Audio is provided.
- All entries must maintain a PG rating.
- If something goes ON STAGE with you, make sure it goes OFF STAGE with you.
- At least 70% of your outfit must be made or altered to compete for a prize. Everything else, including store-bought outfits, may enter under the Non-Competitive division.
- Time limit is 30 seconds per "Walk-On."